Three delicious green bean recipes
Green Bean Salad with Walnuts, Fennel, and Goat Cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon white vinegar
- ¾ salt
- ½ spoon ground black pepper
- Green beans trimmed
- 1 small fennel bulb
- 1 cup of toasted and chopped walnuts
- Fresh goat cheese
- Olive Oil
- Boil water in a saucepan with some salt.
- Add the beans and cook them for 6 to 8 minutes until soft.
- Drain and run the beans under the cold water and put aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together mustard, vinegar, olive oil, and whisk.
- In a large big bowl, add the beans, fennel, walnuts, and mix thoroughly. Garnish with crumbled goat cheese and vinaigrette before serving.
Fried Green Beans
- ½ cup Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoon Hot sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 pinch dry mustard
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 ½ cup club soda
- Green Beans
- Canola oil
- In a medium pan on low heat, whisk Dijon mustard, honey, hot sauce, soy sauce, and dry mustard on low heat. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk egg whites in a bowl.
- Whisk flour and club soda in another bowl.
- Add egg whites to the flour & club soda to make a batter.
- In a medium Dutch oven, heat the oil to 350F.
- Now dip the beans in the batter and fry it in the oil until golden brown for 3 minutes.
- Serve on a plate with salt sprinkled over the beans. Serve with the sauce on the side.
French Bean Roast
- Olive Oil
- Fresh cracked pepper
Place the green beans on a baking pan, drizzle with the olive oil, garlic, and freshly cracked pepper. Roast for 25 mins. and serve in a bowl; these can be added to salad or served with parmesan cheese.